test


Newgate street Play Scheme


My name is Samantha Baker and as an OFSTED Registered childminder, I am graded as Outstanding in all areas.

In addition to being a Childminder, I am also registered to provide Childcare On a Domestic Premises which is to be graded by April 2014.

I also operate the Cricket Club in Little Berkhamsted as an Out of School club. It was graded as Good, in July 2013.




I have extensive childcare experience, including having 2 children of my own. I offer a professional childcare service in a relaxed, homely environment.

Before I had children, I worked as a singer/song writer and makeup artist. I studied theatre and creative arts at the Guild Hall London. I have many skills as a musician and performer, which I incorporate into my practice.


I am based just outside Hertford in the Hamlet of Epping Green, next to Little Berkhamsted.

The village offers a well equipped village shop and a play area all within easy walking distance of my house.






I am qualified to Level 3, holding a Cache Diploma in Children’s and Young Peoples Work Force and I am Paediatric First Aid Trained.


About My Family: my husband is a fabulous cook and has a catering company, called the-galley catering co. He has a level 2 Award in Food Safety in Catering.

Lawrence holds a Cache Diploma, Level 3 in Children’s and Young Peoples Work Force and has progressed to Level 4 in Early Years where he is midway through a Foundation Degree at The University of Hertfordshire where in 2014 he will rise to Level 5.





He is also Paediatric First Aid Trained. Lawrence’s main responsibilities include the implementation of the EYFS (2012), staff training, accounts and Learning Journals.

He also is a very talented performer playing guitar and piano.


My Duty manager is qualified to Level 6, holding a BA(hons) in Special Educational Needs. Rest assured that on those rare occasions that I am away from the setting your children are in excellent hands.

All of the other staff employed within the setting are either training towards a Level 3 in Child Care or qualified to Level 3.

My Daughter is 14 and my son is 11. Both are keen musicians and singers and enjoy a wide range of activities.


Finally there is the family dog Scout  - he is a Maltese cross poodle, often used as a therapy dog.

He is extremely good with children and is good for allergy sufferers as he doesn¹t cast his coat.